What Is Lohri?
Lohri is a festival that marks the harvest season in Punjab. As per the Gregorian calendar, it falls on January 13 every year, a day before Makar Sankranti (which is another popular Hindu festival). Lohri marks the end of the winter season and the beginning of the longer days. Lohri is celebrated to welcome the sun deity (surya) into the northern hemisphere. However, it is traditionally associated with the harvest of rabi crops.
Lohri is one of the most important festivals of India and the preparations for it begin a few days before the festival. But when it’s the first Lohri of a new member in the family, the preparations and celebrations need to be grand. Whether it’s a new bride or a newborn in the family, the family members make sure that they make their first Lohri memorable.
First Lohri Celebration of a New Bride
The first Lohri of a new bride in the family is considered very special. The newly married woman wears a new, bright attire on the occasion of Lohri. She also wears bangles and applies henna (mehendi) on her hands. The new bride also receives a lot of gifts, clothes and jewellery, from her in-laws and friends and family.
First Lohri Celebration of a Newborn
A baby brings happiness, love, and warmth in a family, so naturally, his firsts have to be special and memorable! If it’s the first Lohri of a baby in the family, the new parents and others in the family make sure to make his first Lohri unforgettable. The baby and his mother are dressed in their best for the festival; the new mother is then asked to sit down, holding the baby in her arms. Friends and family members then give fruits, sweets, clothes, jewellery, and more as gifts to the mother and the baby.
Lohri Wishes for Your Friends and Family
Here are some heartwarming Lohri wishes and Lohri quotes that you can send to your friends and family members to wish them a Happy Lohri!
- I wish this harvest season brings happiness and prosperity in your life. Happy Lohri!
Sing some folk songs and dance to the tunes of dhol – Lohri is here – enjoy it to the most! Happy Lohri!
- On this joyous festival, I am sending warm wishes to you and your family. Enjoy this day – Happy Lohri!
- May this auspicious festival bring peace and prosperity in your life. May you get everything you asked for. Happy Lohri!
- Wishing you the sweetness of revari and warmth of a bonfire. Happy Lohri, my friend!
- One must sow the seed to reap the harvest. The festival of Lohri is here, reminding us that one must give to get. Remember this always and enjoy Lohri to the fullest! Happy Lohri!
- Before the reward, there must be labour and after reward, gratitude. On the festival of Lohri, take a moment to thank God for the wonderful rewards. Happy Lohri!
- May the festival of Lohri bring love, happiness, and prosperity in your life. Happy Lohri!
- Wishing you and your family a very Happy Lohri!
- On this festival, offer revari and gur to everyone and spread love and cheer. Happy Lohri!
- “Enjoy this Lohri to the fullest & share the sweetness of love with rewri, moongfali and popcorn with all and spread happiness.”
- “May this Lohri fire burn all the moments of sadness and enlighten your world with warmth of joy, happiness and love,”“This Lohri spread the message of peace and happiness with all.”
- “On this festive season of Lohri, may God bless you with good health and lifelong companionship.”
- “Play the Punjabi music and dance on the tunes of drum this Lohri and share smile & laughter with all.”
- “Hope this festive season brings joy to your heart and fulfills all your wishes on this auspicious occasion. Happy Lohri my love”
- “May this Lohri bring the best opportunities your way, to explore every joy of life, turning all your dreams into reality and all your efforts into huge achievements. Happy Lohri”
- “May this festival of zeal and verve fill your life with lots of energy and enthusiasm that will bring ultimate prosperity to you. Happy Lohri”
- “Hope this grand celebration of Lohri completes your life with utmost love and joy. Wish you a very Happy Lohri”
- “Come let’s organize a small bonfire to celebrate the warmness of this beautiful festival and make this night memorable forever. Happy Lohri”
Happy Lohri Wishes in Hindi, Punjabi.
Quotes are the best Idea for wishing to anyone for Happy Lohri Wishes so we have the best collection of Lohri Quotes so choose your best and perfect quotes out of them and send to anyone for wishing them. So below is our collection.
- लोहड़ी की आग आपके दुखों को जला दे; और आग की रौशनी आपकी ज़िंदगी में उजाला भर दे। — लोहड़ी की शुभकामनाएं
- फिर आ गई भंगड़े की बारी; लोहड़ी मनाने की करो तैयारी; आग के पास सब आओ; सुंदर-मुंदरिये जोर से गाओ; — लोहड़ी की शुभकामनाएं
- याद रखा करो दिल में हमारी; चाहे रखा करो थोड़ी दोस्तों; हमने आपको पहले विश करना है; हमारी तरफ से हैप्पी लोहड़ी दोस्तों। हैप्पी लोहड़ी
- Bol Tujhe Is Lohri Par Kya Inaam Doon,
Tujhko Apni Dosti Yaa Phir Jaan Doon,
Motorcycle, Car Ya Phir Farari Car Doon,
Itna Bahut Hai Yaa Phir 2-3 Jhooth Or Bol Doon,
Is Lohri Ke Din Kanhi Sham Na Ho Jaye,
Mera Messages Aapke Liye Kanhi Aam Na Ban Jaye,
Aur Mobile Ke Saare Tawar Kanhi Jaam Na Ho Jaye,
Aao Chalo Hum Sab Is Lohri Par Kuch Achha Kaam Kar Jaye,
Happy Lohri To All
- Is Lohri Ki Thartharahat Mein, Rewadi, Moongfali Aur Goood Ki Mithaas Ke Saath, Lohri Mubarak Ho Aap Sabhi Ko, Mithe Se Pyaar Ke Saath, Lohri Ki Shubhkamanaye Aap Sabhi Ko
- Is se pahle ke lohri ki sham ho jaye,
Mera sms auron ki tarha aam ho jaye,
aur Sare mobile network jam ho jaye,
Apko lohri ki shubh kamnayen.
— Happy Lohri
- Happy Lohri vekheya sadi yaari,
Sawere sawere hi wish maari,
Ehnu kehnde ne hushiari,
Hun wish karan di tuhaadi hai vaari.
— Happy Lohri All
- Twinkle Twinkle yaraan di car,
Khadke glassi in d bar,
Punjabi Bhangra te Chicken fry,
tuhanu Lohri di sab to pehlan vadhai.
— Happy Lohri
- Lohri Aayi – Lohri Aayi,
Dekho Apne Sang Ye Khushiyan Layi,
Hamne Is Din Gacchak or Rodi Khayi,
Dekho Aaj Lohri Aayi,
Lohri Ka To Andaj Hee Nirala Hai,
Aap Sabko Wish Kar Daala. — Happy Lohri
- Aaya aaya Lohri ka din hai aaya, Sabhi dosto ke liye khushiyaan laya, Sab nachenge aur masti karenge, Dekho sab lohri ka tyohar hai aaya. — Happy Lohri 2021
- Aage Dekho – Peeche Dekho,
Upper Dekho – Niche Dekho,
Har Taraf Aa Gayi Lohri Pyari,
Masti Karne Ki Tum Jaaldi Se Kar Lo Tayari,
Sabse Pyaari Hai Lohri Humari.
— Happy Lohri 2021
If you wish to advertise on Itsursecretsanta, please Contact Us.